Do the levels of fluoride in the water worry you? To put your mind at ease, here are suggestions of the best fluoride water filters available.
Why The Fluoride Levels in Water May be Unsafe
Debate is raging about how much fluoride is too much. There is a delicate balance between harmful levels and the ideal quantities that provide dental benefits. It is possible that you like many others prefer not to take a chance.
Fluoride water filters are designed to remove fluoride from drinking water rendering it safe for consumption.
What to Look for in a Fluoride Water Filter
Undoubtedly, you want to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your family is drinking safe, pure water.
Therefore, the best fluoride water filter will be one that not only removes fluoride but also filters out sediments and heavy metals. You want it to extract chlorine. Possibly, you also want a unit with a UV light purifier for maximum purification. Ultimately, your goal is to obtain drinking water that tastes good and is free from odor.
Some households opt for fluoride water filtration systems that come with a faucet and are installed specifically for drinking water.
This buying guide will provide you with information on 5 of the best models available.
This Reverse Osmosis Home Master product is a water filtration system with an innovative design that eliminates the common drawbacks that exist with tankless and canister Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems.
During the purification process, calcium and magnesium are added. This means less degradation during storage resulting in refreshing mineral water flowing from your tap.
Up to 99% of chlorine is eliminated during the 7 stages of filtration. During the purification process, heavy metals, fluoride, total dissolved solids (TDS), and other contaminants are filtered out.
The presence of a Fast Flo Ro kit ensures the rapid flow of water. The service of the unit is simple as filter changes do not require wrenches. Stubborn chloramines and other similar chemicals are removed by the Catalytic Carbon Home Master.
This under-sink RO system balances the PH level of the water at two points to prevent storage tank degradation.
- Manufacturer – Home Master
- Part Number – TMAFC
- Item Weight – 14.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 20X13X16 inches
- Item Model number – TMAFC
- Style – Standard
- Included Components – Assembled filter cluster, with reverse osmosis membrane, 3.2-gallon storage tank, 3 / 8-inch adapter
- Warranty – 5-year limited warranty – parts
- The process of reverse osmosis filters out harmful substances such as man-made waste, industrial solvents, rust, herbicides, and others.
- The water goes through 7 stages of filtration.
- The water produced not only tastes good, but it is also free from smell.
- The absence of chlorine means that your hair and skin are safe from its harmful effects.
- There is a rapid flow of water due to the larger than usual fittings and tubings compared to other RO systems, hence good water pressure is maintained.
- The filter remineralizes the water twice, therefore there is no acid taste.
- The product is easy to install.
- The Reverse Osmosis Home Master product does not eliminate viruses and microorganisms with UV.
- It does not eliminate storage tank degradation.
- The use of this product can result in the wastage of water.
- It may not fit well under your sink.
This is a product that is designed to remove 95% of the fluoride from your water supply by means of the Woder FRM Fluoride filter. Other harmful substances that it removes include 99.9% of chlorine, mercury, and heavy metals. In the process, it eliminates bad smells and tastes, giving you fresh smelling and clean tasting water from your tap.
The advantage of Woder filters is that they eliminate toxic substances but allow healthy minerals to remain. This is possible due to the use of selective filtration technology. As a result, minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium that are necessary for good health are maintained.
Their filters are well designed with unique technology that equips them to eliminate 99.9% of toxic substances.
- Manufacturer – Woder
- Part number – W-5K-FRM-Q8-DC
- Item Weight – 3.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 4X3X10 inches
- Temperature range – 40-100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Hose Length – 21 inches
- Unlike reverse osmosis systems, this filtration system does not waste water, hence it is environmentally-friendly.
- This product is designed to retain essential minerals.
- The unit is connected directly under your sink.
- The product eliminates the smell of chlorine and discharges water that is clean and crisp.
- The assembling instructions are easy to follow, hence installation is straightforward.
- The Woder-FRM is good for the supply of 5,000 gallons of water.
- Wonder filters contain a good number of filtering ingredients, hence you are assured of optimum function for years.
- The product has been certified as lead-free.
- The Woder-FRM product does not completely remove fluoride.
- Some users do not notice a difference in the taste of the water.
3. Big Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter System with 2 Black Berkey Elements and 2 Fluoride Filters
This stainless steel filter system holds 2.25 gallons of water, sufficient to supply the needs of 4-16 residents of a home. It is a 2-filter system with a combined lifespan of 6,000 gallons for both filters. It has powerful purifier elements that have been proven to remove 100% of pathogens.
This product is more than a filter; it is classified as a purifier. Another advantage is that it removes up to 95% of the fluoride in your water.
Berkey fluoride filters have an added advantage in that they are effective in filtering untreated water from streams, lakes, and rivers. They efficiently rid the water of harmful substances such as pesticides, herbicides, bacteria, and organic solvents.
- Manufacturer – Berkey
- Part Number – BU2PK
- Item Weight – 9.02 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 8.5X8.5X19.25 inches
- Item Model Number – BK4X2-BB-PF-2
- Color – Basic Berkey w/4 Filters
- Material – Stainless steel
- This product comes with a set of instructions that are easy to follow, hence it is not complicated to assemble.
- It is a versatile product that can be used whilst you are on the move or during outdoor activities.
- It has 4 purification elements produced using the latest technology.
- The filtration system efficiently reduces the levels of lead, mercury, and food coloring from the water.
- It is the perfect sized unit for small and medium-sized families.
- It has an attractive stainless steel exterior.
- The filters do not need to be changed as frequently as those of other makes.
- The product is designed to purify up to 7 gallons of water per hour.
- The water produced tastes and smells great.
- The bottom chamber has a tendency to form rust around the edges.
- Daily use is necessary to prevent the growth of bacteria on dry filters.
- The design makes it impossible to determine when the cistern is full.
This is an innovative product that transforms your tap water into fresh-tasting, clean, spring water. It also eliminates fluoride and leaves your drinking water free from residual aluminum. The 0.2-micron filtration media removes microplastics from your water. All this is accomplished through gravity.
The Santevia water filtration system comes with a fluoride filter that also removes bacteria, parasites, and chlorine in addition to which it filters industrial chemicals, heavy metals, and pharmaceuticals. Most importantly, it puts back beneficial minerals that improve the taste of the water.
The product contains Maifan stones that dispense minerals such as manganese and calcium into the water. The stones also oxygenate the water, and the presence of a magnetic energizer facilitates greater absorption of the water molecules.
- Manufacturer – Santevia
- Part Number – S101
- Item Weight – 8.6 pounds
- ASIN – B005POFZFK
- Color – White
- Item Dimensions – 13X13X10 inches
- The product mimics the natural process of purification using elements derived from the earth.
- The purification involves an 8-stage process that results in the removal of heavy metals such as lead and mercury. Also eliminated in the process are agricultural chemicals, detergents, and other contaminants.
- The mineral stones present oxygenate the water.
- The filter has a ceramic pre-filter with a pore size of 0.3 of a micron. This blocks the entry of sediments, germs, and parasites.
- The product is easy to use and offers value for money.
- It efficiently alkalizes the water.
- There is no use of electricity as the filter works naturally.
- The end product is great tasting water.
- The fluoride filter does not eliminate all the fluoride.
- The parts need frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- The upper chamber has to be manually emptied which is time-consuming.
- The drip process is slow, therefore it takes time for the tank to fill up.
5. APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Series Top Tier 5-Stage Certified Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
This is one of the best fluoride water filters available. A superior product designed to ensure your water safety, this unit eliminates up to 99% of harmful substances such as arsenic, heavy metals, toxic fluoride, pesticides, lead, and others. The long-lasting filters ensure that you never run out of clean fresh water.
This is a top-rated, reliable, and long-lasting water filter brand that comes with a lead-free faucet. The well-designed fittings are leak-free which eliminates the likelihood of water damage.
The ROES-50 reverse osmosis system will provide you with filtered water for drinking, making beverages, and ice. There will be no need to purchase expensive bottled water. The product has a 5-stage water filter system that guarantees a dependable performance.
- Manufacturer – APEC Water Systems
- Part Number – ROES-50-A
- Item weight – 25 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 16 X 5.25 X 17.5 inches
- Item Model Number – ROES-50
- Style – Water Filter System
- Pattern -50 gallons per day
- Included Components – ROES-50
- Warranty Description – 1 Year APEC
- The filter produces water that is clean and tastes good at a good value.
- When the water is used for cleaning there is no scale residue.
- The 5-stage filter system offers a large enough capacity for cleaning silty water whilst removing harmful contaminants.
- The installation manuals contain all the details needed for smooth assembling, and there are also online instruction videos available.
- The unit is compact enough to fit under most kitchen sinks/cabinets.
- The ROES-50 reverse osmosis system has been granted the WQA gold seal certification which is the highest level in the industry.
- It is a proven, efficient system that removes up to 99% of all contaminants.
- The fittings are equipped with steel teeth for a leak-proof seal.
- APEC Carbon blocks ensure maximum removal of chlorine and other chemicals from your drinking water.
- You may need to install a pump for optimum results as this system works better when the water has good pressure.
- Overseas users may experience a challenge obtaining replacement filters locally.
- The installation of the faucet may involve the drilling of a hole on the kitchen countertop.
From the above product descriptions, you can see that there is a wide variety of fluoride water filters available to suit all needs, whether your household is large or small.
Excess exposure to fluoride can cause dental fluorosis that manifests itself in the form of streaky white stains on the teeth and in more severe cases stained discolored teeth.
The installation of a fluoride water filter will serve as a protection for your family and will give you peace of mind.
When you and your household have ready access to clean, fresh, fluoride-free water, it eliminates the need to purchase bottled water. This results in savings, and best of all helps preserve the environment.